Employment Type: Full-Time
Chowchilla, CaliforniaWork Schedule:
Monday – Thursday
8 AM – 4 PMJob Description:
Platinum Locums (www.platinumlocums.com
) is looking for an experienced Registered Dietitian that can plan dietary intervention and strategies, attend interdisciplinary team conferences, monitor and document nutritional needs and goals, may accept or transmit verbal or electronically transmitted orders from physicians consistent with an established protocol to implement medical nutrition therapy, orders medical laboratory tests related to medical nutrition therapy within established protocols, interpret prescription diets, plan regular and special therapeutic diets, establish menus and recipes for use by food production personnel, authorize substitution or modification of diets, plan and conduct training programs for facility staff, clients, patients and others, and adhere to food safety and infection control standards. A successful candidate should have the skills to effectively provide high-quality vision care in a timely manner.About Platinum Locums:
Platinum Healthcare Staffing, established in 2005, started specializing in providing Allied Healthcare staffing solutions to both private and county facilities. As the goal of helping the hospitals meet their shortage in labor pool is reached, equally, the demands of hospitals for Nurses started to increase. Since then, however, we have greatly expanded our market to include staffing of all nursing specialties and allied healthcare professionals to hospitals that has a need to increase their pool of workers. Now, Platinum added providing healthcare staffing services to include Physicians, Psychiatrists, Psychologists and Nurse Practitioners through our Platinum Locums services.Responsibilities and Duties:
- Under the direction/supervision of the Institution's CEO/CME or designee, the Registered Dietitian shall assist and advise clinical personnel on special nutritional needs within the scope of practice for a Registered Dietitian in the State of California;
- Conduct and complete within seventy-two (72) hours of physician's order, nutrition assessment by consulting with patient, evaluating their nutritional needs, and provide nutritional counseling, as needed, when referred by a physician. The Registered Dietitian shall acknowledge that patient may include diabetics, renal, hypertensive, HIV positive, and acute/chronic illness;
- Collect information on patient nutritional history;
- Participate in committees relating to nutrition, food service, bioethics, performance improvement/quality assurance and other issues;
- Instruct institutional food service employees on the preparation and distribution of medical diets and provide dietary staff with alternative food product suggestions or allowed/acceptable food substitutions as needed;
- Provide follow-up consultations with patient as needed or as ordered by a physician;
- Maintain professional working relationship between Food Services, Correctional Healthcare Services staff; and custodial staff;
- Prepare written dietary service status reports each month, including assessments, follow-ups completed, and recommendations for dietary policies and procedures.
Benefits of working with Platinum:
- Twelve (12) continuous months of experience within the last three (3) years performing services similar in scope to those defined herein, in a public or private institution. Internship does not count towards the required experience.
- Possess and maintain while performing services a current and valid registration issued by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics in order to perform services in the State of California.
Platinum Locums offers a comprehensive benefits program that recognizes the needs of our diverse employees by supporting their health, security and professional growth.
- Medical Insurance Plans
- Paid Liability Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Weekly Pay
If interested, please send us a copy of your resume. One of our Locums Recruitment Specialists will call you at the soonest.
Loading some great jobs for you...