About UsAt HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That's why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Primary ResponsibilitiesThe primary duties as a motivated and dedicated Entry Level Transportation Engineer will include working as a member of a design team in the preparation of the following elements of roadway and highway design using local (State, County or City) or AASHTO standards: Horizontal and vertical alignment, Intersection layout, Interchange layout, drainage design, Construction Staging / Maintenance of Traffic, and Right of Way plans. In addition, you will have opportunities to work with a team completing alternatives development and analysis of a wide variety of projects including arterials, expressways, and freeways. Excellent mentoring opportunity to work with one of the largest transportation design groups in the region on several high profile complex challenging projects. Technical and design software automation training is provided. Keyword(s): TRANSPORTATION EI, TRANSPORTATION ENGINEER, HIGHWAY, ROADWAY, FREEWAY, LOCATION STUDY, AASHTO.
• Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering
• 1+ years experience doing highway and roadway design required, (related internship experience is applicable)
• CAD Software packages (Microstation or AutoCAD)
• Experience in automated design tools (Geopak, Inroads, or Civil 3d) a plus.
• Microsoft Office Suite experience required
• An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must
• 3+ years experience doing highway and roadway design preferred
• EIT preferred. Candidates hired without their EIT will have the title of 'Transportation Coordinator' and will be expected to obtain their EIT for career progression
• Preference given to local candidates
Launch your career - Create your profile now!Create your Profile
Loading some great jobs for you...