HR Director - North America
Compensation: $112,430.00 - $176,500.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Human Resources
Loading some great jobs for you...
For Danaher and Videojet The Best Team Wins is a core value and Builds People Teams and Organizations is one of our Leadership Anchors both of which reflect the importance we place on our talented associates and leaders. The HR Director will work with the America s Business Leadership, and Global Functional Leaders to develop and implement strategies, processes and programs to support the Videojet s global organization and talent needs to ensure we are meeting our sustainable business growth and profitability objectives. This includes driving key human resources processes including Talent Acquisition, Talent Planning, Talent Development, Leadership and Associate Development, Engagement, Retention and Succession Planning.
- Danaher Organization & Talent Assessment I
(Organization Strategy & Capability Building, Succession Planning)
- Danaher Organization & Talent Assessment II
(Talent Capability, Funnel Growth, Development Planning)
- Danaher Performance for Growth (P4G)
- Danaher Development for Growth (D4G)
- Danaher Merit and equity planning
- Danaher Talent and Leadership Development
- Danaher Engagement Surveys and Improvement
- Danaher New Leader Immersion
- Lead Human Resources Business Partner for the Videojet North America Business Leadership Team and Global Functional Leaders who reside in Wood Dale to help drive organization performance and change to support continued above market record growth rates, innovation and share gains.
- Be an advocate for associates when the Videojet team is making business decisions that impact associates globally and in the Americas.
- Consulting with the organization s leaders regarding team development and personal/professional development of associates, managers and leaders.
- Leads in developing best practices and implementing policies and processes as applicable.
- Manages day-to-day associate relations including problem solving, counseling, coaching.
- Supports key Danaher and PID early career HR/Talent programs including General Management Development Program (GMDP), Human Resources Development Program (HRDP), Operations Leadership Program (OLP) and associated internship programs as well as the Videojet Undergraduate Intern Program.
- Directs talent acquisition, employment and onboarding activities to ensure the timely placement and success of qualified associates.
- Manages key HR KPI s/metrics (talent acquisition, engagement, development, retention, etc.).
- Leads the Engagement Survey process including actions to improve associate engagement.
- Works with the Danaher, PID and Videojet global HR teams to benchmark and continuously improve HR strategies, processes, programs, policies and tools.
- Ensures that all HR programs are in compliance with local country laws and regulations.
- Represent, or aid in the representation of, the Company on related litigation.
- Properly implement Danaher policies and HR programs ensuring quality, delivery and cost.
- Champion the Danaher Business System (DBS). DBS is the organizational culture that encompasses. continuous improvement and policy deployment of strategic initiatives.
- Manages North America HR team including recruiting, developing, and managing performance.
- Occasional travel required.
Major Objectives and Critical success factors include:
- Talent funnel growth and succession white space reduction with successors in place for key roles.
- On time completion of organization and talent goals, objectives and actions.
- Partners with the business leaders to raise the levels of Diversity and Inclusion and sense of belonging in the VJ organization.
- Achievement of time-to-fill (TTF) and voluntary turnover percentages targets.
- Improved internal fill rate for Sr. Leadership and manager and above roles.
- Timely design of incentive plans linked to business goals, on-time and accurate administration.
- Completion of training and development programs with high quality and effectiveness.
- Building and developing the North America HR team with succession targets met.
- Facilitating communication and continuously improving the Videojet North America brand.
- Strategic/business acumen, project management skills, collaboration and operational excellence.
- Driving the performance (P4G) and development (D$G) processes to develop, recognize and differentiate performance, talent development and retention.
- Facilitating Videojet top quartile engagement in partnership with the Videojet leadership team.
- Driving North America HR team engagement to benchmark levels.
Educational & Experience
- Bachelor s Degree (required).
- MBA or Master s degree in related field (preferred).
- Minimum of 7 years experience in Human Resources in a commercial environment, 3 years of which must have been in a High Growth Market (preferred).
- Management experience with responsibility for developing others (strongly preferred).
- PHR or SPHR (preferred).
- Willingness to travel as needed.
- Functional HR expertise in the areas of engagement, associate relations, talent acquisition, talent and leadership development performance management, compensation, HR compliance and HR administration.
- Track record of measurable accomplishments with a focus on talent metrics managing Human Resources at a local operating company site in a global reporting environment.
- It is essential that prospective candidates possess excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills, and understand the implications their actions and the HR function will have on the organizational demands of a rapidly evolving company. Additional professional qualifications will include, but not be limited to:
- Results oriented has track record for delivery results, takes ownership and is accountable
- Stretch oriented embraces and thrives on challenge
- Continuous improvement oriented has familiarity with lean principles and how to apply them to HR
- Customer Service oriented high sense of urgency
- Proven ability to manage the staffing challenges associated within a commercial multi-site company.
- Strong mentoring and coaching skills; able to manage and influence the team to drive the HR functions.
- Strong organizational, analytical and management skills.
- Possess strong project management skills.
- Team player who works to build consensus but can lead and be decisive when needed
- Must be a successor to VP of HR at Videojet or similar role within Danaher.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The EEO is the Law poster is available here.Job Requirements:
Associated topics: associate director, chro, guide, leader, leadership, manager, monitor, president, senior associate, vice president
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...