Certified SUDT/AOD Supervising Counselor- Central California Women's Facility (CCWF)
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Education - Excluding Post Secondary
Loading some great jobs for you...
Amity Foundation, an internationally acclaimed teaching and therapeutic community is seeking compassionate and enthusiastic individuals with a desire to teach, learn and join our community as,Certified SUDT/AOD Supervising Counselors. With this ground breaking opportunity not only will allow you to work with our prison programs helping the inmate population, but will also enhance your training and experience in the field.
Amity Foundation, is a safe place where people can change in an environment that fosters trust; where new values can be formed; responsibility developed and lasting relationships built. Amity is dedicated to the inclusion and habilitation of people marginalized by addiction, homelessness, trauma, criminality, incarceration, poverty, racism, sexism and violence. Amity is committed to research, development implementation and dissemination of information regarding community building.
Remembrance, Resolution, Reconciliation, Restoration, Renewal
About the Position:
AsCertified SUD/AOD Supervising Counselor you will support the community by delivering face-to-face rehabilitative programming services provided in the Integrated Substance Use Disorder Treatment Program (ISUDTP).
What You Will Do:
- Supervise up to eight (8) AOD Counseling staff
- Evaluate staff performance and provide applicable coaching and training;
- Have knowledge of the AOD certification process and regularly monitor counseling staff progress towards achieving and maintaining valid AOD certification;
- Approve and monitor treatment/action plan development;
- Track all participants (i.e.: names of all participants in the program, counselors assigned to participants, stage of program participation, etc.);
- Provide training, oversight and monitoring of all ARMS documentation to ensure compliance with the terms of the Agreement;
- Provide training to AOD Counseling staff, including OMCP Mentors;
- Be responsible for the coordination and supervision of OMCP Mentors assigned to the program;
- Provide support and additional resources to ensure OMCP Mentors complete the work experience portion of the certification process, including practice of all twelve (12) Core Functions;
- Provide clinical verification of internship hours for AOD Counselors and OMCP Mentors;
- Verify and record, by the 5th of the month, each OMCP Mentor's monthly internship hours accrued during the previous month, utilizing CDCR's OMCP Verification of Internship Hours form in ARMS;
- Liaise with California Department of Corrections & Rehabilitation (CDCR) and California Correctional Health Care Services (CCCHMS) staff to support entry and exit of participants into the ISUDTP;
- Monitor participant counselor assignments, stage of program participation, and communicate attrition and slot availability prior to entry points to CCHMS staff;
- Monitor and schedule participants to individual (if applicable) and group activities, supervise seminar scheduling;
- Monitor treatment plan development;
- Implement and monitor program educational activities;
- Ensure effective and timely implementation of scheduled program curriculum; and,
- Shall work collaboratively with CDCR/CCHMS and institution staff.
What You Will Bring:
As Supervising Counselor must meet ONE of the following minimum requirements:
Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in a social service-related field, and TWO (2) years of certified experience providing SUDT services as certified AOD Counselor, at a responsibility no less than a Journey Level Counselor; OR An Associate's Degree in a social service-related field, AOD certified, and FOUR (4) years of certified experience providing SUDT services as a certified AOD Counselor at a responsibility no less than a Journey Level Counselor; OR SIX (6) or more years of certified experience providing certified SUDT services, as a certified AOD Counselor at a responsibility no less than a Journey Level Counselor
- Be certified as an AOD Counselor by a certifying organization approved by DHCS at a level that allows the Supervising Counselor to provide clinical verification of internship hours for AOD Counseling staff and OMCP Mentors.
- AOC certification is required unless exempt as a licensed professional or registered associates as specified in the Agreement.
- Understanding of causes, symptoms, and effects of substance abuse; appreciation for the behavioral, psychological, physical and social effects of drug abuse.
- Understanding or program curriculum, objectives, and best practices for implementation.
- Knowledge of contractual requirements of ISUDTP is essential.
- Excellent interpersonal, written communications and typing skills. Operational knowledge of MS-Word, Excel, and Access.
- Ability to maintain sensitivity and objectivity under pressures generated by association with substance abuse treatment participants.
- Ability to provide genuine warmth, empathy and honest sensitive to program participants to facilitate positive change.
- Ability to provide program participants with frequent acknowledgment and reinforcement for positive behaviors, as well as consistent and predictable feedback for negative behaviors, which may include reporting violations to CDCR staff.
- Ability to develop a treatment alliance with participants. Demonstrate ethical behavior in order to maintain professional standards and safeguard the participant.
- Demonstrate proper attitudes and techniques towards faculty, institution staff, and program participants; and model professional, effective work habit and responsible living.
- Other duties as assigned
What We Offer:
- Medical, Dental, Vision.
- Paid vacation, sick time, & holidays.
- 401K, HSA, & Life insurance programs
- Organization committed to community action
- Community oriented workplace
- Relocationavailable for select locations
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...