Senior Software Engineer- AWS Pinpoint (Serverless, Global Digital User Engagement)
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
Are you passionate about the intersection of cloud computing, Big Data, mobile applications, and digital user engagement?
We are looking for software engineers who long for the opportunity to design and build large-scale distributed systems with global impact. You will get a unique opportunity to build new microservices at AWS scale. Our service is built on different AWS services including Cognito, Lambda, API Gateway, S3, Kinesis, EMR, Redshift, Dynamo, SNS, Athena, and QuickSight.
You will build next generation cloud technologies that leverage big data and machine learning to improve user engagement with mobile apps and web applications. The messaging and targeting services you build will power the world’s leading social media, gaming, sports, educational, and consumer applications. You will work closely with Product Management to best address our customers' needs and help shape the product for success by creating engaging and dynamic experiences.
What does it take to succeed in this role?
You need to be creative, responsible, and able to dive deep into emerging serverless AWS technologies. You will think about business opportunities, operational issues, architectural diagrams, scalability, security, and the customer perspective in the course of a single conversation. You have a deep mastery of programming languages, distributed microservices, serverless computing, and performance engineering. Someone who makes the team both productive and fun to work in. Excited to learn from others while bringing your own novel capabilities and perspectives. Our team members thrive in a hands-on environment where everyone actively participates in product definition, technical architecture review, iterative development, code review, and operations.
Our customers are innovators, and you will have the chance to work with them to understand their challenges and design new offerings. Together, we’ll shape not just our own products, but the direction of the industry.
Amazon Pinpoint makes it easy to run targeted campaigns to improve user engagement. Pinpoint helps you understand your users’ behavior, define who to target, what messages to send, when to deliver them, and tracks the results of the campaign. Pinpoint enables real-time analytics with dashboards for analyzing user engagement, monetization, user demographics, custom events, and funnels so you can understand how users engage with your application. You can analyze and understand your user data by drilling down based on the segments you’ve defined, segmentation attributes, or time.
Learn more about our business at https://aws.amazon.com/pinpoint/
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
· Expert knowledge of one of the following programming languages: Java, C and C++
· 8+ years of hands on experience in software development, including design, implementation, debugging, and support, building scalable system software and/or Services
· Deep understanding of distributed systems and web services technology
· Strong at applying data structures, algorithms, and object oriented design, to solve challenging problems
· Experience working with REST and RPC service patterns and other client/server interaction models
· Track record of building and delivering mission critical, 24x7 production software systems
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
· Master Degree or PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field.
· Experience with BigData technology e.g. Hadoop, and Spark
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Loading some great jobs for you...